Friday 25 January 2013

and the clock struck twelve

It's that time of year again!



I know a lot of people say that the whole "new year, new start" thing doesn't mean anything, but to me 2013 really is a true new start for me. I've achieved a lot more that I thought I was capable of last year and I've certainly realized who my real friends are and got my priorities straight.
I know I ALWAYS mention my lack of blogging but I've had the amazing opportunity to work in yet another store for my company which has lead me to work more hours, with that and uni it's been absolute mayhem trying to re-decorate my house, see my friends and family and do my degree!
Although my house is finally finished (ish) we have internet and Little bella has her own spot in the front room!

So to get back into the swing of blogging I decided to do a blog new year quiz so here goes:

What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I moved into my first "proper" house and took chances.

Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I have actually this year, ask me in a years time?

Did anyone close to you give birth?
They did indeed and Ruu is the cutest little pickle ever!

Did anyone close to you die?
No.

 What countries did you visit?
Greece 

What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Stability

What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Too many to list

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I achieved so much last year it's hard to really pick one in particular but I'd probably say getting through my second year of uni and having the guts to go back for my final year, it was quite possibly the best decision I made and actually managing to pass my second year.

What was your biggest failure?
Listening to other people rather than my gut instincts.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Surprisingly hardly at all! I spent most of 2011 constantly ill but 2012 decided to give me a break! (so far so good)
 
What was the best thing you bought?
My floral platform shoes!

Where did most of your money go?
Rent, clothes, shoes, traveling, driving lessons (so glad I don't have to pay for those anymore) and going out and enjoying myself!

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Probably spending more of my time with my friends and family, I forgot how much I missed them.

What song will always remind you of 2012?
There's loads but probably Gotye - Somebody that I used to know

Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I can't remember how I felt this time last year
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? richer

What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I would have realized who my real friends were earlier and I wish I would have done more for myself and not let people walk all over me.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Caring about what people thought of me.

How did you spend Christmas?
I spent it with mamma.t and pappa.B it was one of the best Christmas's so far.

Did you fall in love in 2012?
I was already in-love.

What was your favorite TV program?
As silly as it sounds Scott and Bailey haha!

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word...I never hate anyone ...I just hate their actions.

What was the best book you read?
Probably the investigation into the cottlingley fairies that was pretty epic 

What was your greatest musical discovery?
My old music taste before I came to uni.

What did you want and get?
Longer hair, Valentina perfume :D

What did you want and not get?
I wanted a lot of things in 2012 but looking back it's probably for the right reasons I didn't get them.

What was your favorite film of this year?
Crazt, Stupid. LOVE and Bridget Jones's Diary...Girly I know but I think it restored my faith in Love.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went out for a meal with all the people closest to me and then partayed on down in York and Huddersfield for a few nights out. Oh and I was 21.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I discovered myself again in 2012 and wouldn't really say I had a concept, just more fashionable.

What kept you sane?
My friends, duvet days, My mum, alcohol, going out and my new job.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ryan Gosling

Who did you miss?
Ha! now that's a question and a half.

Who was the best new person you met?
I met too many new people to choose just one haha.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
To look after number one, once you make yourself happy the rest follows.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"Que sera, sera, Whatever will be, will be The future's not ours to see Que sera, sera What will be." will be

No comments:

Post a Comment