Sunday 27 November 2011

bada-bing-bada-boom

I can't believe how windy and cold its been this weekend! I awoke this morning to the wind howling at my bedroom window an hour before I had to get up for work. There's something quite eerie when the wind begins to howl, it makes me feel un-easy like there's change on its way haha...enough about me rambling. I headed off to work this morning and nearly lost my favourite pom pom hat (I sadly did a blog post about this hat a few weeks ago!) It literally blew off my head and began running down the street like a tumble weed! Thank god this lovely guy came to my rescue and ran after the hat trying to stamp on it so it wouldn't blow off into the distance on a litlle adventure of its own! I thankfully managed to make my bus on time despite my little escapade haha!
 The one thing about where I work is we don't really get chance to accessorize our uniform apart from things like belts and jewellery so I like to experiment with my nails a lot!
 
I was having a mooch online yesterday and came accross this really cute nail art idea - I can't for the life of me remember which blog it was on but if i can find it again or - if this idea was yours comment me and I shall put a link to your blog on this page :)
I just thought it was a really sweet idea and couldn't resist trying it out!

What you will need:
A newspaper or magazine cutting
Scissors
Tweezers
a base polish of your choice
clear nailvarnish
vodka/perfume I think any spirit will do :)

Cut the newspaper/magazine into squares to fit your nails, apply a base coat onto your nails. When your base coat has half dried dip your cutting into the vodka (or whatever you have decided to use) and place over your nail using tweezers. Hold until the cutting sticks and then smooth over into the edges of your nails using the tweezers. Then apply the clear nail varnish, once this has dried use your scissors and tweezers to remove the excess cuttings from your nails and hey presto you should have something that looks like this:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment